Skip to content
10 Interesting Facts About Ears!
- Ear wax has antimicrobial and antifungal properties.
- Human babies start to hear from 18 weeks in the womb.
- Your ears never stop hearing, even when you sleep. Your brain just ignores the sounds!
- Your ears never stop growing throughout life.
- Humans hear between 20 to 20,000Hz whereas dogs can hear between 40 to 60,000Hz – they can hear many more sounds than us!
- Our eardrum is a delicate membrane that is only 0.1mm thick.
- Men are more likely to have hearing loss than women.
- People with even a mild hearing loss are at triple the risk of falls.
- The smallest bones in your body are in the middle ear – they are the ossicles.
- Many animals like dolphins, whales, seals and birds may not have ears on the outside but have very good hear.